On the phone trying to schedule (a non urgent) appointment with the kid’s pediatrician (while Dad is still at home w oldest)
Me- Hi, I need an appointment for a check-up for two of my kids
– okay, I can help you with that, what is your doctor’s name?
Me- THEIR doctor’s name is doctor R
– I can’t find him anywhere-is he maybe listed under another name?
Me- No, it’s doctor R
– hmm (seconds go by)
Me- Did you find him?
Me – Dr. David R
– oh, dr. R- here he is!!
Me- okaaay, great. This week if possible
– for what?
Me- a check-up
– hmm, I see here he only does internal medicine
Me- well, he has been the kids’ pediatrician for over three years now
– I’m sorry mam- He is in internal med
Me – could you please check if he is ALSO in pediatrics? (Seconds go by)
– Oh, Doctor R, well yes, apparently he IS, would you look at that!!
Me- good! Now could I possibly schedule two appointments for two of my kids
– certainly mam, I’m on it- first kid’s name?
Me- tell her name and birthdate and YEAR
-so you are scheduling his 2 day check up?
Me- no, he was born 2018
– okay, so not a 2 day check?
Me- no, because it is now 2019, so…
– so not a 2 day check up?
Me- ehm, no
– if he is sick, it’s still a 2 day check up!
Me – but he is just turning one, he was born last year!! (Seconds go by…)
– oh, now I get you- it’s 2019
– yes it is!
– let’s just get your second child’s information and I’ll look to see if I can set the appointments together
Me – great! this is for my daughter
– is it William or Filip Alexander?
– no….it’s Madeleine
– I’m sorry doc R is all booked up for the rest of the week…but you have a beautiful day now
– (sigh) … you too
– why, thank you!!